Philadelphia First-Time DUI Lawyers
First-time DUI charges in Pennsylvania can have a significant negative impact on your life. Penalties for a conviction range from probation to several months in prison, depending on your blood alcohol content (BAC) at the time of your arrest. Hire first-time DUI lawyers in Philadelphia at Shuttleworth Law PC to mount a strategic defense against your charges.
You don’t deserve to go to jail for a crime you didn’t commit. When you need a tough legal defense, call my office. We come up with innovative and creative solutions for our clients.
Learn More Over a Free Conversation with Shuttleworth Law PC
Your first-time DUI charges are defensible. Find out how our legal team can help by calling (215) 774-1371 for a Free Case Evaluation. You can also message attorney Brad V. Shuttleworth here.
Pennsylvania First-Time DUI Penalties Are Severe!
Pennsylvania severely penalizes convictions according to their blood alcohol content (BAC) and criminal record. For a first offense, penalties range by tier for a BAC between:
- 8% and 0.99% (General Impairment): Up to $300 in fines, up to six months’ probation, court costs, and DUI alcohol safety school.
- 10% and 0.159% (High Impairment): Between $500 and $5,000 in fines, between two days and six months in prison, 12-month license suspension, court costs, and DUI alcohol safety school.
- 16% or higher (Highest Impairment): Between $1,000 and $5,000 in fines, between three days and six months prison time, 12-month license suspension, court costs, and DUI alcohol safety school
Other penalties include:
- Possible job loss
- Professional license suspensions
- Increased car insurance rates
- Damage to your reputation
A first-time DUI in Pennsylvania is worth fighting! There could be evidence of which you’re currently not aware that exonerates you. Put up the defense of your life by working with the legal team at Shuttleworth Law PC.
A Free Case Evaluation Will Get You Answers
Get a Free Case Evaluation with Brad today by calling (215) 774-1371 or message him directly online. Your charges are defensible. We’re here to help.
The ARD Program May Be an Option for Your Case
If this is your first DUI, you may have options that others do not. Pennsylvania’s Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) Program allows you to avoid a guilty plea if you complete it successfully. Upon completion, the state will remove the DUI charges from your record!
The circumstances of your DUI determine your eligibility to participate. However, the district attorney (DA) assigned to your case makes the final decision. Get a Philadelphia first-time DUI lawyer on your side to present the facts on your behalf.
Shuttleworth Law PC Will Put Up a Tough Legal Defense
Our legal team will take a different approach if you don’t choose ARD or if your case goes to trial. Shuttleworth Law PC has the resources and courtroom experience necessary to fight your charges.
Common defenses used by a Philadelphia first-time DUI lawyer include:
- Certain health conditions caused a false positive
- Improper or inadequate police training
- Improper use or maintenance of DUI testing devices
- No probable cause to stop your vehicle
- No probable cause to test you for impairment
- Police failed to utilize standard procedures and practices
- And personalized defenses according to the facts of YOUR case!
Get a Free Case Evaluation After a First-Time DUI in Philadelphia
Your reputation and future are too important to leave to chance. Philadelphia first-time DUI defense lawyers will work toward a strategy that seeks the best possible outcome. Schedule your Free Case Evaluation now by calling (215) 774-1371 or by sending us a message below via our intake form.